BSc. Computer Engineering
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM
The Computer Engineering program combines theoretical and practical aspects of Computer Science with hardware related aspects of Engineering into a comprehensive course of study. Computer Engineering students participate in a cooperative education program in which an industrial internship of six months duration is pursued during the four years of studies
OBJECTIVESThis program introduces students to basic engineering, principles in electrical, electronics, communication, computer hardware and software. The electrical, electronics and the computer industries have seen rapid developments in recent years and their convergence has created many new technologies and employment opportunities for graduates in this field. In this option, students will build a strong foundation in hardware and software, data communications, computer networking, digital communication systems, multimedia applications as well as emerging technologies.
1. WASSCE/SSSCE APPLICANTSCredits in three (3) SSSCE /WASSCE Core Subjects: (Mathematics, English Language and Integrated Science) plus three (3) credits in the following Elective Subjects: Elective Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry/Applied Electricity/Electronics/Technical Drawing with an aggregate score of 24 or 36 respectively.
2. 'A' LEVEL APPLICANTSApplicants should be Science students with Five (5) Credits at 'O' Level including Mathematics and English Language. They should also have (two) 2 passes at 'A' Level in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
3. MATURE APPLICANTSApplicants must be 25 years at the time of submitting the application. Must have either Five credits at the “O” Level including Mathematics, English Language, Physics and Chemistry OR WASSCE/SSSCE credits in three (3) Core Subjects (Mathematics, English Language and Integrated Science), plus credits in three (3) Elective Subjects (Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry).
4. INTERNATIONAL BACCALAURETTEApplicants must have science background (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, etc.) They must obtain a distinction, credit or pass as decided by the jury. They should also be proficient in English. This is checked through written exams, verbal interview and certification from a recognized language institution.
5. AMERICAN GRADE 12Holders must have science background. They should have good grades in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry etc. This must be evaluated by National Accreditation Board(NAB).
6. CITY & GUILDSDiploma in Electrical Electronic Engineering or Advanced Diploma in Microcomputer Technology/ any relevant I.T programmes.
7. HND FROM POLYTECHNICHolders of Higher National Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with 1st Class, 2nd Upper or 2nd Lower grades. They must also satisfy the basic entry requirement into University. They should also satisfy the basic entry requirements into University.
8. TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONAdvanced Technician Diploma in Electrical Electronic Engineering or Telecom Systems
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.admissions.gctu.edu.gh and apply online by paying for the application forms and submit completed application forms online, or: .
Alternatively, pay for the GCTU Application Form at a cost of GHS 150.00 at any CBG Bank Branch and obtain the application form at any of the University’s campuses, or; .
Download the application form from the University’s website. Submit the completed form together with a payment receipt of GHS 150.00 being the cost of application fee paid at any CBG Bank Branch to the Admissions Office at any of the University's campuses.
Closing Date of All completed forms with certified copies of certificates/Result slips/Transcripts must be submitted, not later than the advertised date of submission
To be updated