BSc. Telecommunication Engineering
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM
- To provide a sound base in the science of Telecommunication Engineering.
- To develop in the students the concept of professional practice, innovation and enterprise.
- To make the student aware of technological trends and the emerging opportunities.
- To lay the foundation necessary for advanced study in Telecommunication Engineering.
- To be able to unite theory with practice, be prepared and motivated to engage in lifelong learning, and have a solid foundation in mathematics and science.
- To be productive practitioners skilled in applying engineering process and practice to software components and systems.
- To be proficient in oral and written communication, and effective in team work.
- To have the broad education and awareness of contemporary issues necessary to understand the societal and global impact of their profession.
1. WASSCE/SSSCE APPLICANTSCredits in three (3) SSSCE /WASSCE Core Subjects: (Mathematics, English Language and Integrated Science) plus three (3) credits in the following Elective Subjects: Elective Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry/Applied Electricity/Electronics/Technical Drawing with an aggregate score of 24 or 36 respectively.
2. 'A' LEVEL APPLICANTSApplicants should be Science students with Five (5) Credits at 'O' Level including Mathematics and English Language. They should also have (two) 2 passes at 'A' Level in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
3. MATURE APPLICANTSApplicants must be 25 years at the time of submitting the application. Must have either Five credits at the “O” Level including Mathematics, English Language, Physics and Chemistry OR WASSCE/SSSCE credits in three (3) Core Subjects (Mathematics, English Language and Integrated Science), plus credits in three (3) Elective Subjects (Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry).
4. INTERNATIONAL BACCALAURETTEApplicants must have science background (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, etc.) They must obtain a distinction, credit or pass as decided by the jury. They should also be proficient in English. This is checked through written exams, verbal interview and certification from a recognized language institution.
5. AMERICAN GRADE 12Holders must have science background. They should have good grades in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry etc. This must be evaluated by National Accreditation Board(NAB).
6. CITY & GUILDSDiploma in Electrical Electronic Engineering or Advanced Diploma in Microcomputer Technology/ any relevant I.T programmes.
7. HND FROM POLYTECHNICHolders of Higher National Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with 1st Class, 2nd Upper or 2nd Lower grades. They must also satisfy the basic entry requirement into University. They should also satisfy the basic entry requirements into University.
8. TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONAdvanced Technician Diploma in Electrical Electronic Engineering or Telecom Systems
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.admissions.gctu.edu.gh and apply online by paying for the application forms and submit completed application forms online, or: .
Alternatively, pay for the GCTU Application Form at a cost of GHS 150.00 at any CBG Bank Branch and obtain the application form at any of the University’s campuses, or; .
Download the application form from the University’s website. Submit the completed form together with a payment receipt of GHS 150.00 being the cost of application fee paid at any CBG Bank Branch to the Admissions Office at any of the University's campuses.
Closing Date of All completed forms with certified copies of certificates/Result slips/Transcripts must be submitted, not later than the advertised date of submission
INF181 MICROCOMPUTER APPLICATION SSC131 MORALS AND ETHICS GE 153 CIRCUIT THEORY GE 151 ENGINEERING MATHS I SSC 121 FUNCTIONAL FRENCH 1 ICT 111 PRINCIPLES OF COMPUTER PROGRAMMING SSC171 SOCIOLOGY OF TECHNOLOGY GE154 INSTRUMENTATION AND MEASUREMENT TECHNIQUES GE172 ELECTRONICS I SSC162 ENGLISH LANGUAGE SSC172 FUNCTIONAL FRENCH II GE112 ENGINEERING MATHS II GE142 ENGINEERING DRAWING IT 278 BASIC LAW GE251 ENGINEERING MATHS III GE222 DIGITAL ELECTRONICS SSC211 TECHNICAL COMM SKILLS GE253 FIELD THEORY GE273 ELECTRONICS II INF281 INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER PROG. (C++) GE274 ELECTRONICS III INF242 COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE GE252 ENGINEERING MATHS IV GE242 SIGNALS AND SYSTEMS ICT212 ALGORITHMS AND DATA STRUCTURE SSC262 ENGINEER AND SOCIETY TEL214 MICROPROCESSOR SYSTEM AND INTERFACE GE351 ENGINEERING MATHS V GE353 CONTROL THEORY GE341 ELECTRO MAGNETIC WAVE THEORY SSC361 PRINCIPLES OF ACCOUNTING AND MANAGEMENT SSC351 BASIC ECONOMICS GE372 COMMUNICATION ELECTRONICS TEL334 ANALOG COMMUNICATION TEL322 DIGITAL COMMUNICATION TEL326 DIGITAL SIGNALS PROCESSING TEL316 INFORMATION THEORY TEL342 MICROWAVE COMPONENTS AND CIRCUITS TEL 362 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY TEL 421 ANTENNA AND PROPAGATION TEL 431 DATA COMMUNICATION AND COMPUTER NETWORKS TEL 461 PROJECT WORK TEL 441 RESEARCH PRESENTATION AND SEMINAR TEL 411 COMMUNICATION NETWORKS TEL 451 INDUSTRIAL TRAINING TEL 432 EMERGING TECHNOLOGY TEL 474 OPTOELECTRONICS AND OPTICAL COMMUNICATION TEL 462 PROJECT WORK TEL 412 MOBILE AND SATELLITE COMMUNICATION